Thursday, July 7, 2016

My Top 5 Rappers Of All Time

Today, I will be naming my top 5 rappers of all time and a quick sentence or two on why they're in my top 5.

In fields such as sports, I don't like to make inter-generational comparisons but when it comes to something as timeless as music, I'm a bit more liberal to compare.

Why rappers? Because Hip Hop is one of my favorite genres. Right now, I listen to most current day rappers from Kevin Gates to Drake to Tyler, The Creator but my most of my favorite rappers of all time come from a different era.

Note: this list is unordered and only included rappers I've listened to with some consistency. It's also MY list so it's extremely subjective.


  1. 50 Cent - 50 wasn't the greatest lyricist but he had a musical presence on those gangsta tracks that cannot be taught because he really did live that life.

    He also had an incredible stretch during the early to mid 2000s that may never be duplicated. Like Jay Z said, "50 came through, like hurricanes do"
  2. Nas - An incredible lyricist and story teller. There's not really much to say about Nas.
  3. Jay - Jay in the eyes of many is the GOAT. Because I don't believe in a single GOAT, I will say he's definitely one of the GOAT's though.

    He's an incredible lyricist with legendary wordplay ability.
  4. Tupac - Considered by many to be the absolute GOAT but I think that's only because he died. Similar to Bob Marley, he was respected when he was alive but he became much more appreciated and revered upon his death.

    Great storyteller and a very positive content.
  5. Eminem - Probably the greatest lyricist of all time. Out of all the guys on this list, I probably still listen to his music the most. 
Use the comments section and share your top 5 or write a top 5 post on your blog and tag me in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment